The past month has been spent sopping up after the huge rainstorms we had, dealing with a few medical situations and submitting work for juried exhibitions for International Encaustic Artist Association and San Diego Book Arts. The past few days have been absolutely beautiful, warm and clear—perfect days to finally work outside on encaustic projects that I have been wanting to do.
What else is going on?
1. New art shown at the Gathering Restaurant corner of Washington and Goldfinch in Mission Hills. Stop by and have something delicious to eat. For each piece of art sold I will donate 10% to Parkinson's Disease Research Foundation and the owner Dan will match that.
2. March 1-31, 2010 Edge to Edge. An Exhibition of artists' books with a Japanese theme by members of San Diego Book Arts will be at the Japanese Friendship Garden. Reception March 5. 4-6 pm RSVP necessary. Both Al and I have work in the show. My accordion fold book is based on a form of writing called Zuihitsu. Al's Kites are wonderful. Hope you can attend.
3. Cloth Paper Scissors Studio, Spring 2010 issue features many studios including my Indoor/Outdoor Studio.
4. Will be leading two art sessions for Community Alliance for Healthy Minds conference.
Art: Good for the Soul, February 27, 2010 in Poway.
5. Encaustic classes scheduled for February 20 at my home studio 10-4, and February 26 at San Diego Art Department on Ray Street. North Park.
•Museum of Art Artist Guild Festival of Art will be coming up March 12,13,14. Balboa Park.
•Vision Quilt Gallery in Liberty Station. Very interesting work by Allied Craftsmen San Diego.
•Bravo. Liberty Station. Many wonderful classes for adults and kids.