Saturday, December 11, 2010

Putting our artwork out into the world is scary sometimes. Submitting our art to exhibitions and shows, art galleries and other venues takes courage and says to me, I like my work. I like it well enough to share it with you and hope that you find meaning in what I have done. If not that is ok too. Questions run through my mind as Will my work be accepted? Are the photo images I sent professional enough? Did the committee like my proposal? And you win some and lose some, isn't that true for you too? I submitted two pieces to a local show and neither one was accepted. The next day I received a congratulatory phone call that one of my encaustic pieces was accepted into a Juried Biennial, a very well respected venue in our area. So you never know. Work may not sell for months and then all of a sudden 5 pieces sell right off the wall. I try never to take these moments for granted. They are important true and I am thankful for those who like my work, but what happens in the studio while creating art is what is most important to me, as well as the many opportunities talking to others about my process and how my art came to be. The universe has been good to me.
Upcoming Exhibitions for me.
Thirteen Saints, Thirteen Women. Book Arts Exhibit. Art Center Ukiah 203 State St. Ukiah, CA til January 22, 2011.

"Connections" San Diego Book Arts, Mission Valley Library December 30-February 1, 2011.
Cannon Art Gallery Juried Biennial, Carlsbad, January 30-March 18, 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Your thoughts reflect the same feelings I have (had) about my art, Josie. Nice to know other painters go throught the same "ups & downs." Thanks for sharing these thoughts!

    ReplyDelete