Saturday, April 16, 2011

Airport Art Exhibition in September

I have been working steadily on my exhibition for the airport show in September. Sent in my display plan to the curators and will have a studio visit this coming Monday, April 18. There are 6 display cases and I have organized them each individually, connected by a common theme of nature to art.
I have made a few new sculptural pieces, finished an encaustic book that is really exquisite with Al's excellent help in binding the book. I would love to see some of my hanging pieces shown, especially the beehive I made and at least one of the encaustic mobiles.
I can't believe that it has been almost a year since I learned that I was selected for this airport art show. I was with my sister Beth in Virginia when I found out. Everything I saw from that point on became part of my process with wonderful discussions with my artist friends who live back east. I began working almost immediately on ideas, placing these brainstorm moments in my "studio notes," and a three ring binder. This project has been a ton of fun. My friend Sally Hagy-Boyer has her exhibition up now and it is wonderful. I feel so honored to be in such talented company.

No comments:

Post a Comment