Monday, December 5, 2011

NEW ENCAUSTIC STUDIO


I am so excited to show you my new studio dedicated to teaching and making encaustic art work. I even have a stain glass window that is quite old. You can see the wax melting and wouldn't you know but the bees found me in this place. I caught them and let them go.
I am figuring out what works and what doesn't. The stainless steel counters don't work quite like I expected but all ok. The mess on the floor is everything that will go into a dresser type cabinet that has 8 drawers that I saw at Ikea. Today I worked on some unfinished projects and look forward to making as much art as I can before the events of Christmas coming soon. Gabe, Al, Ben, Mark and Tungie did such an awesome job and I appreciate their expertise and hard work. The light during the day is wonderful and the lights for night time work are perfect.
I may have to put in a roof type fan that draws air out. We talked about doing that but thought that the 6 windows would generate enough air. I am not sure.

I look forward to having the area in front of the studio finished sometime soon. It probably won't be done before Christmas. I want to have either pavers or decking raised so that there is a small step up into the studio. I have an idea of having benches around the edges of this area. It felt great to clean up the BBQ area and to use the storage cabinets for what it was meant to be.
Once all of the saws and ladders etc. are removed from the back yard it will look much better.
I look forward to having a class in this studio soon.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Josie--
    Is that a wood floor?? Looks so pretty--wait til you get wax all over it ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is faux wood and cleans easily. Bought it on sale at Home Depot. Wax seems to come off ok. But yes, there will be waxy build-up! But that is what this studio is for.

    ReplyDelete