Kids and rest of family are doing well, Ben here from Maui for past 4 months and will return to Maui the end of January. I will miss him and miss the fabulous meals he has prepared for us. My own personal chef...I like that. Doing my art and not having to worry about dinner until it is prepared and on the table. Wow. That I will miss! Our kitchen has been humming.
Our son Gabe and Cristie Dertien are engaged and plan a summer wedding. Lots of excitement coming our way for 2012. We are planning a trip to Spain in June and hope to see Al's cousin who lives outside of Barcelona. And of course Maui is on our list.
Here are a few of the shows that have accepted my artwork all either encaustic or artist book or a combination of both:
1. Spanish Village Balboa Park "Small Image" show Reception: January 28, 2012.
2. California State University Dominguez Hills, Carson CA 21 Artists Create Books: Reception: February 1, 2012.
3. The ART Institute of Atlanta-Decatur, Decatur, Ga" Wall Bound" Reception: March 2, 2012.
4. 1000 Artists Books on line magazine. 1000artistsbooks.com
5. Contemporary Paper and Encaustic, Catherine Nash