Monday, December 31, 2012

NEW YEAR 2013

Happy New Year to you all.
This past year has been filled with a mix of emotions where I experienced many moments of happiness and celebration as well as heartbreak and worry. Creating and selling my artwork, teaching encaustic workshops and submitting to "calls for art" has been a joyful experience. My show at the SD Airport was deinstalled the end of March on the same day that I was asked to show my work at the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art in November 2013. I was thrilled and have been creating new work for the  show that is titled, "Liquid Amber."
        Our son Gabriel was married in a beautiful ceremony to Cristie Dertein in July where all of our family were in San Diego to celebrate this wonderful event.  Travels took me and my husband to Northern Spain for three weeks, Michigan for another wedding reception, San Antonio, Texas for International Encaustic Association Conference,  and to Monterey, CA for our grandson's baptism.
We all grieved the slaughter of the innocents from a Connecticut Elementary school. Trying to recover from that event and getting ready for Christmas was a struggle for many of us. Christmas morning my husband and I brought my mom to the emergency room and at this time she is still in the hospital trying to get better. So on this for me a  quiet New Year's Eve I wish for us all peace, health and love. It is also my hope that our country adopts sane gun control  and becomes serious about curbing drinking and driving.
           "Start doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." St. Francis of Assisi"

No comments:

Post a Comment