Friday, February 8, 2013

February 2013




What's been happening?
My mom is doing much much better and will be celebrating her 94th birthday this weekend.
Family all busy and trying to stay well. Grandson Evan is walking/running and likes books! 


•Accepted for on-line encaustic show and now up for viewing. 
      International Encaustic Association.com

•Encaustic work accepted for Linda Womack's on line book, Embracing Encaustic.

•Terrific experience working with advanced students from Mesa College Museum Studies program. Show at "The Garage" featuring four San Diego artists  was a success.

 •Encaustic solo show at North Coast Rep Theatre in Solana Beach during the play, "Educating   Rita" went well with many positive comments. All of the work displayed featured some aspect of the script and texts about reading and the process of being a writer.

•Preparing to submit a new piece to San Diego Art Institute International Juried show. 
Will let you know. Keeping fingers crossed as I really love what I am going to submit...very different focus and larger than I usually work. 

•Many encaustic classes, Basic, Advanced and Vessels classes for the past two months. Students bring new energy and enthusiasm to me and my studio. They have created wonderful work.

•I love working in my new studio.

1 comment:

  1. All great news Josie--and the baby is walking??? They grow so quickly--

    ReplyDelete