Saturday, July 27, 2013

ROAD  TRIP

After all of the June celebrations Al and I went on a three week road trip to Northern California and Oregon. We stayed with dear friends along the way and had a magical time. Temperature was in the high 90's most of the time. Lots of good food, wine, new friends, beautiful country, and great memories.
I gave an encaustic demonstration at Ashland Art Center in Ashland Oregon. 20 students were enrolled and we had a blast. Wonderful staff and fun group of very interested people.
On one of our last days of our trip I received a phone call that my mom was in the emergency room at Mercy Hospital in San Diego very ill. Bowel obstruction with extreme pain required emergency surgery. She has been in the hospital now for two weeks and is progressing slowly. Priorities changed in an instant as our family came together to support my 94 year old mama, a very strong Minnesota woman!! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment