Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 4, 2013
What has been happening in my world since September? Trip to San Francisco for a few days in early October with Karen Thielke and Sharon Cowley to continue celebrating our 70th birthdays. Stayed in a condo in the Marina District and had a great time walking, touring, eating, talking. We have been friends since grade school and high school.

Later that month Al and I visited good friends and their wonderful kids in Holtville and two days later I was on a plane for Santa Fe NM for the International Encaustic Association Conference at the El Dorado Hotel. 

The best part? seeing friends and meeting new ones.  Soon after I returned from NM my sister Tesa and I drove our mom to Bishop CA for a short weekend and enjoyed our stay at the Creekside Best Western Hotel, eating out at Whiskey Creek and buying yummy pastries at  Schatze's Bakery. My youngest brother Peter is buried in a precious little cemetery there and my mom wanted to visit him as it had been several years since she was able to do that. 
Bittersweet time. 

Then after a year's preparation of making new work it was time to drive my art up to San Luis Obispo Museum of Art for my solo show Liquid Amber.  We bought a new used VW Van  so we had lots of room for my artwork and our luggage. It drove beautifully and Al likes it...that was what mattered to me the most, because he loved his other VW even tho it was rusty on the outside and pretty shabby inside and drove like a tank....But that car 1982 had lots of wonderful memories of our kids on camping trips. We both love this new vehicle and see lots of trips coming our way.   The 1982 is for sale... a real steal at $6000. 


The week of the installation Al and I stayed in the lovely home of friends Margaret and Bob in Los Osos. (their view overlooks Morro Bay and the Rock!)  We had a couple of celebratory  dinners with them and Flo and Gary who live nearby.  They treated me like a rock star complete with champagne toast! The installation and opening reception and talk went really well and the art displayed in the museum space looked amazing.  Took my breath away when I saw it all displayed for the first time. I am very happy with how my artwork looks. And....I am thrilled to find out that one piece has sold already. Here are a few photos from the show.

San Luis Obispo Museum of Art. 1010 Broad Street. San Luis Obispo, CA 














Thanksgiving was as usual delicious and fun but only 8 family members this time rather than 20+. Now getting ready for Christmas and visit from our grandson and his mommy and daddy who will be here to share this magical time in a child's life.   Love and blessings to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment